Try Django 1.10 | Create a URL Shortening Service – Django is a powerful web framework that makes it easy to build web applications it’s why it’s the #1 Python library.
Try Django 1.10 is an introduction to Django version 1.10 by creating a simple, yet robust, URL Shortening Service. This series covers a variety of Django basics as well as Django 1.10 specific material.
Generally the topics will include:
– How we made the Kirr url shortening service
– Django Project Setup
– Class Based Views (& some Function Based Views)
– Models, Model Forms, Forms, Form Validation
– Overriding Model Save Method
– Launching on a Live Server (via Heroku)
– Custom Validation directly on Django Fields
– And More