The Beginner’s Guide to HTML – The course that teaches complete beginners to write high quality HTML.
So, you want to write HTML?
You came to the right place! The Beginner’s Guide to HTML was created with you in mind. You will be taken on a journey through the basics of HTML while using HTML5, the latest version.
You will begin by watching a video that describes what HTML is. After that, you will install a text editor that will make writing code much more pleasant. Then, you’ll create your first webpage! Your first webpage may not look like much, but, as you go through the course, your coding will get better.
Aren’t there tons of beginner-level HTML courses?
Yes. It’s great to have plenty of courses to choose from, but what if you’re looking for quality? This course has great audio and video, quizzes, coding exercises, resources, and (not-so-subtle) humor injected throughout. On top of that, it doesn’t cost you a penny. It’s free for your enjoyment.
What will you learn?
- What HTML is, and how to use it
- To create webpages using the .html file extension
- To set up your HTML document properly
- To add comments to your HTML
- To format your text to make it bold or italicized
- To use horizontal rules and line breaks
- *** Special CSS Preview ***
- To embed images into your webpage
- To create links
- To embed YouTube videos into your webpage
- To use HTML entities
- To organize your files well, by understanding HTML file paths
- To validate your HTML using an HTML validator
- To organize data using lists
- To create the appearance of a form
- To present tabular data using tables
And after all that … the Final Challenge!
The Final Challenge is where you put what you’ve learned into practice by creating a multi-page website. This website will not be deployed to the Internet in this course.