Apache Spark with Python – Big Data with PySpark and Spark – Learn Apache Spark and Python by 12+ hands-on examples of analyzing big data with PySpark and Spark.
This course covers all the fundamentals of Apache Spark with Python and teaches you everything you need to know about developing Spark applications using PySpark, the Python API for Spark. At the end of this course, you will gain in-depth knowledge about Apache Spark and general big data analysis and manipulations skills to help your company to adapt Apache Spark for building big data processing pipeline and data analytics applications.
This course covers 10+ hands-on big data examples. You will learn valuable knowledge about how to frame data analysis problems as Spark problems. Together we will learn examples such as aggregating NASA Apache web logs from different sources; we will explore the price trend by looking at the real estate data in California; we will write Spark applications to find out the median salary of developers in different countries through the Stack Overflow survey data; we will develop a system to analyze how maker spaces are distributed across different regions in the United Kingdom. And much much more.
What will you learn from this lecture:
In particularly, you will learn:
- An overview of the architecture of Apache Spark.
- Develop Apache Spark 2.0 applications with PySpark using RDD transformations and actions and Spark SQL.
- Work with Apache Spark’s primary abstraction, resilient distributed datasets(RDDs) to process and analyze large data sets.
- Deep dive into advanced techniques to optimize and tune Apache Spark jobs by partitioning, caching and persisting RDDs.
- Scale up Spark applications on a Hadoop YARN cluster through Amazon’s Elastic MapReduce service.
- Analyze structured and semi-structured data using Datasets and DataFrames, and develop a thorough understanding of Spark SQL.
- Share information across different nodes on an Apache Spark cluster by broadcast variables and accumulators.
- Best practices of working with Apache Spark in the field.
- Big data ecosystem overview.
Why should you learn Apache Spark:
Apache Spark gives us unlimited ability to build cutting-edge applications. It is also one of the most compelling technologies of the last decade in terms of its disruption to the big data world.
Spark provides in-memory cluster computing which greatly boosts the speed of iterative algorithms and interactive data mining tasks.
Apache Spark is the next-generation processing engine for big data.
Tons of companies are adapting Apache Spark to extract meaning from massive data sets, today you have access to that same big data technology right on your desktop.
Apache Spark is becoming a must tool for big data engineers and data scientists.
What programming language is this course taught in?
This course is taught in Python. Python is currently one of the most popular programming languages in the world! It’s rich data community, offering vast amounts of toolkits and features makes it a powerful tool for data processing. Using PySpark (the Python API for Spark) you will be able to interact with Apache Spark’s main abstraction, RDDs, as well as other Spark components, such as Spark SQL and much more!